SWAMI NITYANANDA ASHRAM PUBLIC TRUST (Regd.)
KANHANGAD - 671315
KASARGOD DIST, KERALA
How to reach:
Kanhangad is in the border of Kerala/Karnataka and falls in Kerala State. Nearest airport/railway station/bus stand is Mangalore. From Mangalore it is about 70 kms and takes about an hour to two by bus/train.
Almost all trains going to Kerala pass through Kanhangad station.
All trains going towards Kerala via Mangalore passes through Kanhangad station.
You can directly call up on the above given ashram numbers to check availability of rooms in the ashram in advance for your convenience. Food and accommodation is taken care by the ashram but one can contribute something to the ashram at the end of the stay in the form of balbhojan. Any amount affordable to you can be contributed at the office and a receipt taken for the same.
IMPORTANT TIPS THAT MAY HELP
- Silence and moments with the self would be very beneficial.
- Even just sitting in the divine places like the caves, in Swami Jnanananda's Room, in the Nityananda Samadhi temple will bring in fulfilling experiences.
- The ashram expects one to attending all activities and adhere to meal timings in the ashram.
- Guruvan is about 5 kms from the ashram and one should visit this place, where Bade Baba did his tapas, where you could take a bath in the Papanashini Ganga (the water that sprung after Bade Baba hit the rocks with his hands) and also you can meditate near the holy natural cave there.
- The ashram conducts regular homams, abhishekham and pujas at reasonable contributions and you may want to do it.
- You also may wish to contribute to the bhandara prasad if you like and also towards Bal Bhojan (something Bade baba and Babaji are very particular about).
- A note worth mentioning here is that whoever comes to Bade Baba with satvik needs, especially for spiritual growth, one will surely be blessed by Baba owing to the bhaava in the heart and mind of the seeker.
- Bade Baba had mentioned that anyone meditating in these caves shall have good spiritual progress.
- About the plans on the visit, there is nothing to plan.. make an intention, take yourself off for the number of days you plan to visit and then set out.. HE WILL DO THE REST.